NEW-JERSEY-BASED-STELLA-DOGUBO-OVAI-ASSUMES-OFFICE,-PLEDGES-DILIGENCE-AS-ABER-DIRECTOR-OF-FINANCE-&-RESOURCE-MOBILISATION
NEW JERSEY-BASED STELLA DOGUBO OVAI ASSUMES OFFICE, PLEDGES DILIGENCE AS ABER DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & RESOURCE MOBILISATION
PUBLISHED BY WISDOM TIDE NEWS | OCTOBER 7, 2026
The Africa Blue Economy Roundtable (ABER) – The Blue Council Africa, Director of Finance and Resource Mobilisation, Madam Stella Dogubo Ovai has pledged to serve with diligence and utmost transparency.
Based in New Jersey, United States of America, Madam Dogubo-Ovai, in a message of appreciation to the Converner and chairman, described her appointment as both a privilege and a great responsibility.
In her appreciation statement, Madam Ovai said: “I wish to express my sincere appreciation to the CEO and Governor of the Africa Blue Economy Roundtable (ABER), Dr. Piriye Kiyaramo, for the trust, confidence and honour reposed in me through this appointment. I also thank the Board, the Management and everyone at ABER for their warm support. To be entrusted with this position is both a privilege and a great responsibility, and I do not take it lightly.
ABER is doing important work in advancing Africa’s Blue Economy, and I am thankful for the opportunity to be part of it. I assure you that I will bring diligence, integrity, transparency and professionalism to the stewardship of ABER’s finances, and I will work closely with my colleagues to support its growth, stability and long-term vision.
I make this commitment today: I will give my very best. I will work tirelessly, uphold the highest standards of accountability, and strive to justify the confidence you have placed in me. I also thank my family, friends, mentors and former colleagues whose support and encouragement have prepared me for this moment. I look forward to learning from and working alongside every member of the ABER family.
Thank you once again for this opportunity. May our collective efforts lead ABER to even greater heights.”
Earlier, the Convener and Chairman of ABER, Dr. Piriye Kiyaramo, expressed confidence that Madam Dogubo-Ovai’s global exposure, integrity and wealth of experience will strengthen ABER’s financial architecture and accelerate its continental resource mobilisation drive.
ABOUT ABER: VISION & MANDATE
The Africa Blue Economy Roundtable (ABER), otherwise known as The Blue Council, is an intercontinental multi-stakeholder platform established to accelerate Africa’s Blue Economy in line with AU Agenda 2063, Africa’s Blue Economy Strategy, the UN Decade of Ocean Science (2021-2030) and the AU Decade of Women (2020-2030).
Its vision is to secure, inclusive, climate-resilient and investable Blue Economy that transforms Africa’s coastline and aquatic resources into engines of jobs, food security, trade and shared prosperity with a mandate anchored on the 3Ds of Dialogue, Deal-making and Delivery.
ABER drives high-level policy advocacy, structures bankable blue projects and delivers programmes across Fisheries & Aquaculture, Maritime Security, Smart Blue Tourism, Marine Conservation, Blue Finance, Blue Innovation & Capacity Building, and Women & Youth Inclusion.
WHY THIS OFFICE MATTERS
The Directorate of Finance and Resource Mobilisation is the engine room of ABER’s transition from advocacy to investment. The office will drive: Transparent, accountable and world-class financial governance; Strategic mobilisation of climate finance, blue bonds, private capital and institutional donor funding; Financial structuring to de-risk and attract investment into Africa’s Blue Economy sectors; Long-term institutional sustainability and stability of The Blue Council Africa.
Comments